United Site Services (USS) is looking for a Dispatcher (Operations Coordinator) to communicate daily transportation activities to the team to ensure service and delivery goals are achieved on time. To be successful, you will thrive on having multiple tasks at a time and are an expert organizer.
- Communicate information and instructions to drivers (schedules, route changes, road conditions, accidents, emergencies, etc.) informing them of a variety of situations that may impact their scheduled services or deliveries.
- Handle all customer call-ins and updates customer on expected delivery/service times (ETA's). Makes outgoing calls to customers regarding locked gates, missed services, etc.
- Keep Operations Manager updated on issues and resolution of issues.
- Support drivers telephonically/radio during reported emergencies and provides appropriate resources to assist with issues.
- Work with customer service department on scheduling deliveries or services.
- Review driver manifests at end of day to ensure that pencil notes have been documented and works with drivers to capture delivery/service information.
- Conduct route check in to ensure that all information on manifest is accurate and complete so that it can be posted properly. Post route & pick-ups and deliveries. Sequences routes & pick up and deliveries as needed.
- Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years experience in dispatching with emergency services, logistics, waste or transportation field
United Site Services (USS) makes things happen. From building a skyscraper or new home community to providing services to America's largest music festivals, USS is there every step of the way.
As the industry leader in portable sanitation services, we deliver the best for our customers. But to do that, we need the best people to join our team. That's where you come in!
At United Site Services, we provide a competitive benefits package that lets you live life the way you intend. We offer so much more than a regular paycheck; our benefits package is chock full of perks such as paid time off, healthcare, 401K matching, employee assistance programs, Life and AD&D insurance and much more!
Please click here to learn more about United Site Services!
United Site Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Age, Color, Disability, Gender Identity, Genetics, National Origin, Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, and Retaliation. With over 90 locations across the continental U.S. and over 2,900 dedicated US associates, United Site Services’ workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. We pride ourselves on being a human-centered company that encourages and appreciates diversity in all its forms – from employees/customers to the communities we do business in. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment shaped by open communications, mutual respect and the free exchange of ideas. All employees are encouraged to reach their full potential by respecting, and contributing to, this environment.