Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.comPURPOSE:
Manage the plant’s scheduling and distribution departments to ensure a safe and profitable facility.
- Insure compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Manage logistics activities, assuring minimal downtime on plant equipment due to scheduling bottlenecks.
- Coordinate and manage the order cycle and associated storage and movement of goods between the factory, warehouses and customers.
- Manage aged and obsolete inventory to plant goals.
- Manage order entry as to how it relates to plant capacity by working closely with Customer Service, Sales and Capacity Planning.
- Manage the weekly and monthly priorities for scheduling team.
- Manage inventory accuracy, quantity and dollars for all raw materials, packaging, WIP and finished goods.
- Minimize waste and downtime through process improvements and teamwork.
- Analyze data to monitor performance and plan improvements in delivery performance.
- Analyze logistical problems and work to develop new solutions.
- Provide leadership and coaching for direct reports, ensuring staff is well-trained and supervised.
- Assist Plant Manager, Sales and Customer Service as required.
- Work closely with customer service, sales and capacity planning to manage order entry as it relates to available plant capacity.
- Bachelors degree and 2-5 years manufacturing logistics experience. Additional related business administration is a plus. OR 5-10 years experience in logistics leadership management with specific experience in Production Scheduling, Warehousing.
Shipping & Receiving.
- Demonstrated experience of managing customers, vendors and direct reports in complex manufacturing processes meeting costs, delivery schedules and quality.
- Proficiency in basic computer programs, spreadsheets, word processing, data bases.
- Proficiency in JD Edwards.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload and process multiple tasks as required.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and train employees.
- Able to set priorities and achieve goals.
- Knowledge and skills of plastics processing principles and equipment.
- Capable of, and commit to follow the plant and department safety procedures, food safety guidelines and ISO procedure.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Continuous learning will be expected.
- Able to work overtime as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Macedon, NY