The Suburban Collection is seeking a motivated Service Technician to join our team!
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for assisting customers with routine maintenance and other vehicle repairs.
Company Overview: The Suburban organization believes that its strength, continued success, future growth and profitability depend on building trusting relationships with our employees, customers and industry partners.
Individual and organizational pride are critical elements of our future.
Our people make all the difference. This belief fosters a commitment to provide opportunities for growth and new challenges for our employees so they may achieve professional development and personal fulfillment.
Working with our local communities, we help and support those people and organizations whose fulfillment enhances their quality of life as it does our own.
Service Technician Responsibilities: * Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed.
Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
* Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
* 2+ years of Service Technician experience preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent, ASE Certification required.
* B level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair.
* Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination.
* Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
* Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competencies.
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve.
* Enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
* Teammate with ability to collaborate with others effectively.
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications.
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
What we offer: * Unparalleled training program - One of the top Sales and Service Training Programs in the area.
* Family-oriented work environment with an open-door policy.
* Vacation and Holiday pay. * Celebration of work anniversaries, birthdays, and new team members in our monthly newsletter, The Scoop.
* Almost limitless growth opportunities - 32 different automotive brands in over 44 locations.
* Full benefits including maternity leave, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance - 2x annual income, 401k with company match
* Company-wide wellness program (open to all employees and spouses).
* Company stability - 70 years, continual growth, largest auto group in Michigan, 14th largest in US, annual sales in excess of $2 billion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Ann Arbor, MI (48103)