Addex, Inc., an innovative manufacturer of cooling equipment for the blown film plastics industry, located in Newark, NY, is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic technician to join our growing team. You will perform a variety of tasks, including electro-mechanical assembly of equipment for the blown film plastics industry. If you are mechanically inclined, care about quality, and want to be a valued team player, you could be an ideal fit for this family-friendly, high-tech company.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide administrative and technical support to production manager, engineering, and research & development team
* Assemble electro-mechanical equipment
* Prepare sensitive equipment for shipment, including packing and crating
* Load and unload delivery trucks with fork lift
* Organize stock, perform cycle counts and maintain inventory levels
* Operate general shop equipment such as table saw, band saw, cut off saw, belt sander, drill press, disc grinder, etc.
* Utilize precision measuring instruments including calipers, height gauges, and micrometers
* Maintain clean and organized shop floor
Requirements and Qualifications
* College degree preferred, but not required with appropriate experience
* Previous experience in manufacturing or shop work, including metal, wood shop, or electronic classes, or other applicable experiences
* Self-starter, able to work independently and accept responsibility
* Aptitude for mechanics and/or electronics
* Familiarity with hand tools
* Experienced and comfortable using computers (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.)
* Capacity to analyze a situation and prioritize tasks
* Strong communication skills & attention to detail a must!
* Physically capable of standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 70 pounds
* Must have current NY driver’s license and must be insurable. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
40 hrs/wk, M-F, 8am-5pm, 2 wks vacation, 10 holidays, health insurance. $17-$25/hr, depending on experience
Send resume & cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position to:
Location/Region: Newark, NY (US - 14513)